Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baker's Review Wednesday 7: Mom's Potato Pancakes

We're going directly into the reviews of what people thought of these . . . these are all the people who had them, though:)

"They're really good and they're like hash browns kinda and I really liked them."  Tara (I was rereading this to her and she said "Just write that.  They'll know how weird I am."  :)

"They were so delicious that you should make some more."  Clint

"They're so good that you should make them everyday." Forrest

"These are really good.  I was put the rest of the mixture in the fridge so I could have them for breakfast the next morning, but when I took them out, the potatoes were all brown, so I didn't dare make them . . . that being said: make only as much batter as the amount of stuff you're going to make:)"  Aimee

Short-Version Picture Recipe

1. Make the potato mixture/batter.

2. Fry the pancakes.

3. Serve and enjoy.  (We had leftover ham from my aunt Kathy, so I put that and water into a frying pan and fryed/warmed it up.  It was really good!)

Mom's Potato Pancakes

4 large potatoes, shredded (they can be peeled or not)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cooking oil

Rinse potatoes in cold water, drain well.  Place in a large bowl.  Add egg, flour, onion, salt and pepper; mix well.  In a skillet, heat 1/4 in of oil over medium heat.  Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil.  Flatten to form pancake.  Fry until golden brown; turn and brown the other side.  Drain on paper towels.  Sprinkle with more salt, if needed.  Serve immediately.

Have a wonderful day and have some good food!!


1 comment:

Out in the Fields said...

I had these once at the Toll Gate Inn on Mt. Hood, they served them with butter and applesauce, that was REALLY good!