I started this a LONG time ago, but then I got stuck along the way about how to do something. Then today, I saw it, and I thought of an idea on how to make it work, and it worked! So I finished it up and now it's hanging in my bedroom!
1. Pick out a frame. I got this frame for free from a thing at our church. It really had a mirror in it, but I didn't like the shape that much. A long, skinny frame works best for this.
2. Take apart the frame. Get rid of any glass.
3. I didn't do this, but you should probably sand the frame so the paint will stick to it. Spray paint the frame and back piece the color of your choice (it might be cute to use different colors, but I'm not sure). You may need to do a couple coats of paint.
4. Optional - while your paint is drying, relax and drink some tea and eat dried apples:) Or you could be good and go clean or something, but I didn't exactly feel like doing that!
(I don't have pictures of the next few steps.)
5. Assemble the frame back together once the frame is dry.
6. Take a really sticky tacky tape that's double-sided (I used some kind of tape that has red on the outside piece that you peel off. It's around a round cardboard thing. It's clear tape.) and put a piece on the frame all the way to the back from one side. Tie a few knots in grosgrain ribbon and stick it on to the frame all the way to the back.
The picture above hopefully better shows/tells you what you're supposed to do. It's hard to explain it without pictures!
7. Then, lastly, you hang up the headband and hair clip holder with all the goodies (hair clips & headbands) and hang it up on the wall! For the hair clips, just clip them to the ribbon. For the headbands, I used tiny clothespins to clip them to the ribbon. Obviously, if you haven't noticed, I don't have very much hair clips right now:)
I had fun with this and now I have a cute and handy way to store my headbands & hair clips! I'm so excited I finally got all the wrinkles smoothed out and figured out a way to make this work!