Monday, April 11, 2011

Lipton Chicken & Rice Recipe

This is something I've been having all my life . . . just kidding; I don't really know when we started having this but it feels like I've always had it . . . and everyone in our family still loves it!  It's a very simple recipe ~ I don't use certain amounts, but I've made up amounts for everyone else of about the amount I use.

For this recipe, I'm doing it the way our family does it ~ with three bags of rice, but you can easily make it smaller or larger to fit your families needs!

(Oh, and by the way, this is really Knorr rice, which was formerly Lipton, so we still call it Lipton, not Knorr.)

Lipton Chicken & Rice

  • Knorr Rice Sides Rice & Pasta Blend, Chicken Flavor3 bags of Knorr Rice Sides, chicken flavor
  • 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 can of milk (milk poured into one of the soup cans), more or less
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup sour cream - I'm guessing . . . sorry, never measure, I just dump it in and didn't even try to measure this time!
  • 3-4 cup chicken, approx., more or less, depending on how much chicken you'd like in your rice



  1. Make the rice as directed on the rice package.
  2. Add the cream of chicken soup; mix in.
  3. Add sour cream; mix in.
  4. Add milk, not all at once, stirring as you pour it in.
  5. Stir in chicken.
  6. Heat over medium heat until hot.  Serve with corn and/or a green salad.  Enjoy!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day, going back to school & all . . . well, my family went back to school, anyways:(
Have a wonderful evening!!!

No comments: