Monday, May 7, 2012

Crafter's Weekly - week 14: Make a drawstring bag




So our challenge last week was to make a drawstring bag.  I used this tutorial to make my bag.  There were a couple things I did differently.  First, I made my bag 1 1/2 times the size their bag was.  Secondly, instead of just ironing the long sides, I basted them together first so that it would not be as konky when ironed.  Also, if I made this bag again, I might make the contrasting fabric larger, just so you can see more of it.


This bag is for my P.E. clothes.  How attractive is it to carry around a plastic grocery bag with you p.e. clothes in it??  Not very attractive!  So, yes, finally, at the end of the school year, I decided I needed to do something different!!  It works wonderful though, and it's the perfect size for me!  If I needed more stuff in it, like shoes, or whatever, it would definitely need to be bigger, but since it's just my clothes, it suits me just fine:)

Did you make a drawstring bag of some sort this week?  I would love to see what yours looks like!  Link up below and the button code is on the sidebar!

This weeks challenge is to do some fun project with kids.  I was going to say some sewing project or something, but it's supposed to be nice all week long, and I don't think I'm going to really want to be sewing this week, when we haven't had that much nice weather this year . . . so, yeah, do some fun craft project with kids:)

No comments: