Monday, March 7, 2011

Taco Soup Recipe



This soup is so easy to make, it's amazing.  It's also very delicious!

Here's the deal:  I HATE making most soups because you have to do all these things with a million vegetables, and do all these things that take FOREVER!  It's kind of dumb . . . it's not like I don't like to eat soup; I think it's delicious; it's just that it a lot of soups take a long time to make and it just don't seem like it's worth the effort.  But for this soup, you don't need to spend a long time preparing it!!  YAY for EASY SOUPS!!!!!!

So how about all you guys - - do you ever get sick of making annoyingly forever to make soups?!?  Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I guess I just don't want to spend ALL my afternoon making soup for supper:)

And that's why I don't mind making this soup because it gives me some time to do something other than making supper or lunch or whatever!

Taco Soup

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger (I actually used 2 lbs)
1/2 c. onions, chopped
1 28 oz whole tomatoes (I chopped them up)
1 15 oz. can black beans (It really calls for kidney beans, but my family likes smaller beans in our food)
1 can corn (I think I used frozen corn this time)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning (or 1/4 cup out of a container)
1 to 2 c. water (or more, depending on how juicy/thick you want it)
Salt
Pepper
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips

Brown hamburger with onions.  Drain grease.  In kettle, mix all soup ingredients.  Bring to a boil; simmer 15 minutes.  Top soup with cheese and sour cream and eat with tortilla chips.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Oh, by the way, this is what we had for lunch when we went to my aunt's for the craft day.  We made it at home the night before, and then just heated it up on the stove a bit before lunch time.


So there's your incredibly simple and quick-to-make soup recipe - - You should really give it a try!  Even if you don't like mexican food, I still think you should try it because it's not a very mexican-y food.  It's not spicy at all, really.

Have a wonderful rest of the evening!  Love you all:)

3 comments:

Out in the Fields said...

Yay! Now I have the recipe so I can make it at home, it's the best:)

Kaylynn said...

I LOVE this recipe, it looks VERY similar to the one we make, thanks for showing it, because now I wish I didn't work tonight and could have that for supper!!

Stenersenlife said...

That is one of my very favorites also...for the past year:) Yummy!!! And so quick for the nights I have no clue what to make and it's already time to eat!