Do you remember this? Well, I'm giving you the tutorial now!
Late last year, I bought a pair of sandals from Old Navy for $1 or $2. I actually bought 2 pairs, one of which I'm doing the tutorial for - the other ones were fine the way they were. Anyways, this pair of sandals, I noticed when I got home, had little dangle things as embellishments and I realized on one of the sides, a bunch of them must have fallen off. I first thought it would be fine to wear them that way, but then I decided I wouldn't want to. Then I thought I could just cut them off and wear them plain . . . but that's a little boring though, and it also shoes little wholes where the other embellishment was attached - - and that was when I thought of making my own interchangable embellishments.
How fun is that? A embellishment to go on your shoes that you can change to match each and every outfit! You could also do this with other types of shoes, like flats!
1. Okay - so first you're going to get a pair of sandals - you can see mine above.
2. Cut off the embellishments already there, if there are any. In the picture above, you can see the little holes I was talking about.
That was where the project stopped for me for quite a while, because I was waiting until we got some E-6000 glue.
3. With E-6000 glue, glue a small square of velcro onto desired place of sandal.
4. If you haven't already, make your embellishments for your shoes. I already had this done, and you can make more whenever you want! I used handmade fabric & lace flowers, buttons, etc.
5. Glue with either E-6000 glue, or hot glue, the other side of velcro to embellishments. If the back of your embellishment is backed in felt, like mine is, I recommend using hot glue. I used E-6000 glue on 3, and hot glue on one I made after doing all this, and it seemed to work faster. In the long run, I guess I'll see if one works better than the other, or if they both work. (I just hope they're long lasting!)
|Rolled Fabric Flowers|
6. Now all you need to do is wear your wonderful new sandals & have fun with new embellishments. I love them and how I can change the embellishment to match my outfit. There are so many possibilities.
|Rolled Fabric Flowers|
|2 Buttons (glued onto felt)|
|Lace Flowers (Love 'em)!!|
I can't wait until the weather is nice enough to wear them!
Note: I have seen similar tutorials for similar things, but I wanted to make my own to show you what I did. I'm not trying to copy anybody or anything!
So enjoy the tutorial and go make yourself some prettied up shoes. I, personally, am going to be looking out for other sandals, flats, etc., to be doing more things like this!
Have a wonderful day - here it's quite beautiful & I should go outside again. I went outside for a while, but it got kind or boring riding my bike back and forth on the driveway and I couldn't find the basketball:( But it felt wonderful - about 50 degrees & the wind whipping all over me *wonderful*