Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Love of Reading

Sometimes, even if you want to start a new book, you have to start supper instead:)  That is what I did tonight.  Pleasing Potato Pizza and salad was for supper here.  And yes, it was pleasing!! :)

Anyways . . . I LOVE reading!!  I can get lost in a book and stay up way too late just to finish a book.  Sometimes I have to force myself to set it down so I can get some sleep!


Tonight when I was starting supper, I wanted to start reading A Ranger's Trail by Darlene Franklin.  It's the fourth book in a series that I've been reading.  (The series is both Texas Trails and A Morgan Family Series). The books are all outstanding!


The first book I read was actually the second book in the series.  Captive Trail by Susan Page Davis.  The books can be read separate as a novel or all together as a series.  Although I am trying to read the rest in order now:)  Anyways, I was seriously amazed-in love with this book!  It was definitely that good.


Then I went back to the first book, Lone Star Trail by Darlene Franklin.


Then to the third book, Long Trail Home by Vickie McDonough.


And after I finish the book I am now ready to start reading, A Ranger's Trail, I will be ready to read the fifth and sixth books, Cowgirl Trail by Susan Page Davis and End of the Trail by Vickie McDonough.  I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.  And I totally recommend that you read the series also!


The book I finished earlier today, Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman was also a seriously amazing book!  From reading the back summary thing, I wasn't that excited about it, but I totally got caught up in the book and loved it from beginning to end!  The summary definitely didn't do justice to the book (don't you hate summaries like that?!!??).  It's actually the second book in the Daughters of the Promise Series, and I wish I would've read the first one first, but oh well:) (I wasn't sure if they had to do with the same people or not, but I learned they did!)  And the reason I read this one first was because I had ordered the series from the library and had received this book, but not the first.  I am also looking forward to reading the rest of this series.  If this book is any indication of what I'll be reading, I know I'm going to love it!



I hope everyone else has been reading as many good books as I have lately!!

1 comment:

Out in the Fields said...

Have any of you girls read anything by Jane Kirkpatrick? My post about Aurora tells about some of hers, I tried to get them from the library but that series is not available.They sound really good tho and are Christian based I think.