Friday, February 3, 2012

Sitting Bull Sketch

In clay, we were doing a sculpture, so our teacher had us do a sketch of our photograph first.  I didn't have time to complete everything, like the feather, more hair, and clothing and stuff, but this is what I did get done.  (I just scanned my sketch onto the computer.)  I would've done more, but I don't have a sketching pencil or blending tool, which do help a lot with creating a good sketch, and I don wand to get both of those things sometime, somewhere:)

The top is the sketch and below that is the photo I sketched and made the sculpture of.  I might show you the sculpture when I get it back, but then again, maybe not.  The sculpture doesn't really look like Sitting Bull even:(



Yeah, I can see now that the hair on the right side should've been more slanted/further out; and the nose should've been bigger . . . but I guess it's okay for a first try  . . .

1 comment:

Out in the Fields said...

well done! I am supposed to be trying paper and clay sculpture on my E-course, but I don't think I want to, it looks too hard:)